Natikar was convicted of killing his wife and 18-month-old daughter and had been sentenced to death.
Natikar's death sentence was confirmed by a two-judge bench of the Supreme Court on April 21, 2005. The President rejected the mercy petition on January 4.
This is the second rejection of mercy petitions of death row convicts by President Mukherjee since he assumed office. Earlier, he had rejected the mercy plea of Pakistani terrorist and 26/11 convict Ajmal Kasab, who was executed in Pune jail and buried there as nobody from Pakistan came forward to claim his body.
Saibanna was a life convict for the murder of his first wife. While on parole in September 1994, suspecting the fidelity of his second wife, he killed her and his daughter, and attempted to commit suicide.
From Our Network
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Modi to address rally in Saharanpur, BJP plans mega celebrations
- RJD to nominate Ram Jethmalani, Rabri Devi for Rajya Sabha
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam