The meeting was held to take stock of "consolidation" and "funding" of India's nuclear weapons arsenal as well as its command and control structures.
It also reviewed the progress in making nuclear submarine INS Arihant fully operational by the end of 2014.
Concerns were raised at the NCA meeting about the delay in "developing a credible nuclear weapons triad" - the ability to fire nuclear weapons from land, sea and air.
From Our Network
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Yeh hai Mohabbatein: Raman-Ishita love making photos leaked (view pics
- Is Kangana’s legal battle with Hrithik Roshan impacting her career?