Atif's love life had been a secret all these years. According to Pakistani media, Atif met Sarah at Kirnnaird College nearly 12 years ago.
Sarah was the sports in-charge and she used to coordinate concerts at the campus.
Atif and Sarah became close friends and got engaged in October 2011.
Radio host Dr Ejaz Waris said the wedding event was confined to families and relatives and the valima dinner will be held on Friday.
"Atif had some business commitments, that's why the wedding was delayed,” said Waris.
In a message posted on his fan page on Facebook, Atif said: “My big day has finally arrived with your prayers. Allah has endowed me with a wonderful life partner. I would request all of you to continue praying for us as you have always being doing in the past for me.”
Born in Wazirabad, Gujranwala district, Punjab, Atif Aslam took South Asia by storm with his chart-topping songs.
His debut as an actor was in the 2011 film Pakistani movie Bol. He is a recipient for the Tamgha-e-Imtiaz, one of Pakistan's highest civilian decorations.
Atif also made a special appearance in film songs such as Tere Bin, Pehli Nazar Mein and Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya's song's Piya O Re Piya, Tu Mohabbat Hai, Be Intehan (Race 2) & Dil Na Jaane Kyun from Jayanta Bhai Ki Luv Story
He was nominated for Best Playback singer (male) in the Filmfare Awards, first in 2006 for Woh Lamhe in the film Zeher, in 2007 fr Tere Bin in the film Bas Ek Pal, and in 2010 for Tu Jaane Na in the film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani.
From Our Network
- PM Modi, Amit Shah ordered staged shootout in Ishrat Jahan case, says Congress
- Things on Sunny Leone’s bucket list- Swimming with sharks & going to ashrams
- Watch Video: Lalu Yadav’s son Tej Pratap tries hands in acting, becomes CM
- After Yogeshwar Dutt, now Milkha Singh upset over Salman's appointment as goodwill ambassador
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics