The court was hearing a petition filed by ‘Dargah Hazrat Khwaja Mansurul', a shrine located in Bhandup, against Shah and other authorities, alleging that the Pakistani national is trying to usurp the dargah land even though his role in its affairs is restricted to a spiritual guide.
“Police officers routinely check even vehicles of high court judges. How can you let this man, who has offences registered against him roam freely in the city,” a division bench of Justices A S Oka and S S Jadhav said.
Lawyers Rajiv Patil and Ajit Kenjale, representing the petitioner, submitted that Shah made inflammatory speeches and following a private complaint before the Magistrate's Court an FIR was being registered against him.
In spite of this and other offences registered against Shah in Sangli and Mumbai, he is freely roaming about and that too in a car that has a red beacon mounted on it, Patil said while submitting photos of the vehicle.
According to the affidavit filed today by CID Inspector Rajendra Mandhare, Shah came to India in November 2006 on a visitor's visa issued by the Indian High Commission in Islamabad. The visa, which was valid for 90 days, was extended a few times before it expired in May 2007.
Shah's subsequent application for a visa was rejected by the Ministry of Home Affairs and he was directed to leave India.
Shah subsequently left India on May 19, 2007.
The affidavit states that Shah again entered India with an X Visa (entry visa) in October 2010 which was once again issued by the Indian High Commission in Islamabad for a period of one month and extended from time to time which is valid till December 2012.
The court has now directed the police to file a reply on the allegations made in the petition regarding the car as well as details of offences registered against Shah.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special