The couple reached Wagah border and vowed never to return.
“Hindu boys are threatened of dire consequences, Hindu businessmen ar not allowed to conduct their business or open shops and are forced to embrace Islam “ said the couple Anil Kumar and Poonam, carrying a handful of luggage, weeping, as they crossed the Radcliffe Line on foot.
The couple said, forcible conversion of Hindu girls in Pakistan by fundamental Muslims was common and now even Hindu males are forced to embrace Islam.
Anil Kumar told reporters he got a visa from the Indian embassy after he said his wife had heart problems, and wanted treatment in Indore.
“We have had enough of Pakistan. Now we will not go back and will die in India” said Anil Kumar.
He said Hindu shopkeepers were threatened to give Hafta (weekly protection money) if they had to open their shops and were also asked to embrace Islam if they wanted to make their lives better.
“I have a shop in Larkana in Sindh. The Muslim fundamentalists asked for Hafta and when I ddidn't give them they threatened to eliminate my family” he said.
Poonam's brother-in-law was shot dead and her brother was kidnapped by Muslim fundamentalists.
She said “Every Hindu is facing atrocities at the hands of Muslim fundamentalists. Earlier, Hindu girls were kidnapped and forcibly converted but now Hindu boys are also made to embrace Islam”, she said.
Poonam said her father had lost both of his legs in a bomb blast.
Anil Kumar said he had left behind eight sisters, a brother and mother besides his shop in Larkana, Sindh.
“I know they will be in trouble but every Hindu in Pakistan now wants to migrate to India” adding that he would try to help his family to get visa to travel to India.
From Our Network
- Sweeper, ward boy do the jobs of doctors in UP govt hospital
- Bangladesh professor under 24-hour armed guard after death threats
- 3 arrested for allegedly raping nursing student in Kerala
- Baba Ramdev : Top 10 'yoga asanas' for common man
- Modi govt cracks whip on non-performing babus, 33 tax officers shown the door
- Manoj Bajpayee to promote his forthcoming 'Traffic' on 'Savdhaan India'
- Raees Vs Kabil: Rakesh Roshan REACTS to Hrithik-SRK’s box-office clash!
- Millions of Gmail, Yahoo accounts hacked; on sale for Rs 66
- Allan Donald quits as South Africa bowling coach
- Not only IPL, here’s why Preity’s hubby Gene Goodenough has come to India (See Pics)