A police officer told IANS: "Unidentified militants fired at the salesmen of a liquor shop in Boulevard Road area of the city this evening."
"Five people were injured in the firing. One of the injured, identified as Mushtaq Ahmad of Aluchibagh locality of Srinagar city, has succumbed to injuries while four others injured are being treated in the hospital," he said.
The wine shop is located inside a local hotel complex on the Boulevard Road on the bank of the Dal Lake - a tourist hub.
Following diktats of some separatist groups in the early 1990s all the wine shops, cinema halls and beauty parlours were closed in the valley.
As normalcy gradually returns to Kashmir, some wine shops have reopened in the city, along with some beauty parlours.
But, the owners of cinema halls in the city have been converting their establishments into hospitals and shopping malls instead of restarting their movie theatres.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special