In Srikakulam, Viziangaram, and other coastal area of Andhra Pradesh, most of the roads were blocked by uprooted trees and electric poles, lowlying areas submerged, and power supply was down.
A large number of thatched huts were blown away by the 210 kmph cyclone, that is now moving northwestward, with the India Meteorological Department expecting it could further weaken.
From Our Network
- Mute spectators deprived us of chance to see our daughter, says murdered Chennai techie’s father
- Shahid at it again: This gesture of him for wife Mira will make other husbands angry
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- Micromax launches Canvas Unite 4, Unite 4 Pro: Everything you need to know
- BJP reins in Subramanian Swamy; PM lashes out, party cancels two events