As Tharoor's suggestion triggered a debate, the Union Home Ministry gave indications that the revised law, which is expected to be stringent and facilitate speedier justice, is unlikely to be named after the 23-year-old girl who died last Saturday after battling for life for nearly two weeks.
Tharoor got support from former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati for his proposal made yesterday with the BSP supremo suggesting that an all-party meeting be convened for this purpose.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: Sunrisers defeat RCB by 8 runs to claim maiden title win
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- FDI in India: Top 10 investing countries
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds