"Around 20 fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire has been doused," said a fire service official.
"The incident occurred around 3.30 p.m. when a group of people appeared at the Metro station and started pelting stones and set the Red Carpet banquet hall on fire," said a police official.
"Metro services on the Yamuna Bank-Vaishali section were suspended for two hours till 6.20 p.m.," a Delhi Metro official told IANS.
"Trains are not stopping at the Karkardooma station for security measures," he added.
The station was re-opened at 8.40 p.m.
Earlier, police said that the attacking mob came from a village in Karkardooma where a man was murdered Friday.
The mob targetted the banquet hall after the body of Rakesh Kumar was found in it, police added.
"His body was found in the Red Carpet banquet hall around 2.15 a.m. Saturday," said a police official.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: RCB, Sunrisers to clash for maiden title win
- Members of Rs 100 crore club: These are the highest grossing Bollywood films till date
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome to join it: Iran
- Children climb 2,500 foot ladder to go to school, heartbreaking pics go viral