major fire in chandni chowk market
New Delhi, Dec 13: A major fire broke out in the electrical and electronics market in central Delhi's Chandni Chowk this evening, fire brigade officials said.
The blaze erupted at the Bhagirathi Palace market, which sells electrical and electronics items, at around 5:10pm and over 20 fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
A short circuit is suspected to be the reason for the fire.
Rescue workers evacuated people and barricaded the area to ensure smooth operations of the fire brigade.