Local authorities rushed fire brigades from Surat and nearby, while IOC sent fire tenders from its refinery at Koyali.
No casualties have been reported so far.
Officials said the blaze was reported at one of IOC's five petrol storage tanks at the Hazira depot that was filled to half-capacity with around 5,000 kilolitres of petrol when it caught fire.
From Our Network
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Love is in the air: ‘Mastani’ Deepika gives a ‘Befikre’ visit to Ranveer in Paris (see pic)
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!