Tension prevailed in the busy Begumpet area as police stopped dozens of protestors who tried to march towards Paigah Palace housing the consulate.
Police, who had erected the barricades on the road leading to the consulate, arrested the protestors who reached there in batches. Raising slogans of "Down with US imperialism", the protestors carried banners, placards and flags of their respective parties.
Police resisted the attempts of the protestors to remove the barricades. They jostled with each other, leading to tension. Police personnel were seen bundling the protestors into waiting vehicles and shifting them to police stations.
Taking strong exception to the handling of the situation by the police, a protestor alleged that police were acting as agents of the US. The banners carried by the protestors read "Uncle Sam, don't act ugly with India" and "Shame shame, America is still racist".
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special