Tension prevailed in the busy Begumpet area as police stopped dozens of protestors who tried to march towards Paigah Palace housing the consulate.
Police, who had erected the barricades on the road leading to the consulate, arrested the protestors who reached there in batches. Raising slogans of "Down with US imperialism", the protestors carried banners, placards and flags of their respective parties.
Police resisted the attempts of the protestors to remove the barricades. They jostled with each other, leading to tension. Police personnel were seen bundling the protestors into waiting vehicles and shifting them to police stations.
Taking strong exception to the handling of the situation by the police, a protestor alleged that police were acting as agents of the US. The banners carried by the protestors read "Uncle Sam, don't act ugly with India" and "Shame shame, America is still racist".
From Our Network
- 10 Highest Fuel Efficient Motorcycles in India
- Thank you for attending, but seating as per protocol: Jayalalithaa tells Stalin
- Earth's 10 Most Mysterious Lost Worlds and its rare species
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- IPL 2016: De Villiers singlehandedly takes RCB into final