He was lodged in Tihar Jail No.3 , hardly 20 metres away from the hanging scaffold inside the high-security death row campus.
Guarded round-the-clock by nearly 50 armed policemen drawn from Tamil Nadu Special Police (TSP), ITBP (Indo Tibetan Border Police), and CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) , Afzal Guru continued to be nonchalant about his execution.
Afzal Guru has been on death row since 2004. For the past 11 years, he had been kept inside the high-security prison, meant for high-risk prisoners.
The prison was guarded by policemen from Tamil Nadu as they were thought to be unbiased and unattached with the case.
The prison has high walls with barbed-wire fencing to cut the scope of escape from the premises. Towers erected on the four corners of the prison house armed policemen who keep a watch on the prisoners round the clock.
Inside the walled area, stands a building with around 25 wards. Guru was kept inside one of these wards, the report says.
Afzal Guru spent most of his time either alone or with his books. inside his deth row cell.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- I-T probe reveals Robert Vadra owns Rs 19 cr benami property in London
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Flipkart effect: L&T Infotech withdraws job offer to around 1500 students