There are over 200 million Rajputs in India. Rajasthan is their original home but they are also settled in other parts of the country like Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh.
Some people of West Bengal and Assam also claim Rajput descent. The members of nearly all the Hindu ruling families have been Rajputs of the Sisodia clan, originating from Udaipur.
Rajput community rose to fame between 9th and 11th centuries. They are divided into three main lineages.
From Our Network
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way
- 10 Highest Fuel Efficient Motorcycles in India
- China's developer Wanda takes on Disney with its new theme park
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds