There are over 200 million Rajputs in India. Rajasthan is their original home but they are also settled in other parts of the country like Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh.
Some people of West Bengal and Assam also claim Rajput descent. The members of nearly all the Hindu ruling families have been Rajputs of the Sisodia clan, originating from Udaipur.
Rajput community rose to fame between 9th and 11th centuries. They are divided into three main lineages.
From Our Network
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut