The name Patel is found primarily in the Indian state of Gujarat, along with , Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, as well as metropolitan cities like Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, and Delhi.
Patels are originally Kurmi Kshatriyas. Within the United Kingdom, it is the twenty-fourth most common surname nationally, and the third most common in the Greater London region.
In the US, the surname "Patel" ranks 174 among the top 500 list of most common last names. The majority of those with the Patel last name are Hindus.
From Our Network
- China's most powerful new generation space rocket launches successfully
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Kejriwal has no IIT rank, he got in through 'other' methods: Subramanian Swamy
- Supreme Court to hear plea on banning WhatsApp for security reasons
- Hot climate is responsible for higher rates of aggression and violence, shows study