"Work at the new air strip on Pokhran range is operationally ready for this mega event which would be witnessed by President Pranab Mukherjee, Defence Minister A K Antony, Air and Defence attaches of many friendly countries," defence spokesperson S D Goswami said.
Goswami said that pre-firing demonstration and rehearsal for the event has begun today and civilians have been asked to remain alert and careful during specific timings as a precautionary measure.
From Our Network
- UP horror: 15-yr-old girl raped, murdered and tied to tree
- 10 Highest Fuel Efficient Motorcycles in India
- After Divyanka Tripathi, her ex-flame Ssharad Malhotra too finds love again
- China's developer Wanda takes on Disney with its new theme park
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds