The chargesheet was filed by police before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) D.K. Jangala. Police have also booked Aruna Chaddha, former official of Kanda's now-defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika had worked.
ACMM Jangla took cognisance of the chargesheet and posted the matter for October 9 for further hearing.
The police have slapped charges under Indian Penal Code (IPC) section 306 for abetment to suicide, section 471 for forgery, and other various sections of IPC with section 66 of the IT Act.
Geetika, 23, a former flight attendant of MDLR Airlines, had in her suicide note accused Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha of harassing and forcing her take the extreme step.
She died on the night of August 4-5 at her house in Delhi's Ashok Vihar area. Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
From Our Network
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra giving us all reasons to de-dress
- Wondering whether Modi govt deserves 'outstanding' Raghuram Rajan, says P Chidambaram
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao' way towards women empowerment: Big B