The victim, a para-medical student who is battling for life at Safdurjung Hospital here, was off ventilator since Friday but due to some respiratory problems she was put on ventilator again this evening.
“We are subjecting her to all examinations and procedures. She continues to be critical,” Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of Safdurjung Hospital, told PTI. The girl's family members said that she was put on ventilator in the evening after doctors diagnosed “some problem”.
Doctors had said yesterday that the rape victim is psychologically “composed and optimistic” about her future and has started communicating.
They had also said they are keeping the patient on high doses of antibiotics and high standards of hygiene—two important factors for preventing infection.
From Our Network
- Epic! Kareena Kapoor cracks ‘high-end’ joke on ex-flame Shahid Kapoor
- Hafiz Saeed slams China after President Xi Jingping asks his people to shun Islam
- IPL trophy will go right on top, along with World Cup wins: Yuvraj Singh
- Eye on UP polls: Amit Shah to have meal with dalit family in Varanasi
- Is Bollywood losing its charm? Just one film crossed the Rs 100 cr mark in 2016