A large number of people, mainly the young, gathered near Jantar Mantar in the heart of Delhi, pressing the government to enact a strict legislation against rape and other crimes. The crowd included activists, students and professionals.
The area was covered with posters and hundreds in the crowd formed groups, chanting slogans, demanding action against crimes such as rape. While a majority called for social change and rebellion, some groups
also chanted anti-government and anti-police slogans.
From Our Network
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: PM Modi on IPL row
- Work on border fencing on Indo-Bangla border to be completed
- Sourav Ganguly wasn't even present during my interview, says Ravi Shastri
- Militants ambush CRPF bus in Kashmir; eight soldiers martyred, 24 injured