A large number of people, mainly the young, gathered near Jantar Mantar in the heart of Delhi, pressing the government to enact a strict legislation against rape and other crimes. The crowd included activists, students and professionals.
The area was covered with posters and hundreds in the crowd formed groups, chanting slogans, demanding action against crimes such as rape. While a majority called for social change and rebellion, some groups
also chanted anti-government and anti-police slogans.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: Sunrisers defeat RCB by 8 runs to claim maiden title win
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- FDI in India: Top 10 investing countries
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds