The protestors lit candles in the evening, demanding speedy justice for the rape victim who was cremated in the capital Sunday morning after her body was flown in from Singapore.
“We don't want any New Year's celebration this time as we are determined to protest till the end,” Chesta, 22, a student, told IANS.
Prohibitory orders, restricting gathering of four or more people at a time, were imposed in central Delhi and roads leading to India Gate and Raisina Hill, the centre of power, were barricaded.
Ten Metro stations were shut in the morning for fear of mob violence, but five were reopened in the afternoon.
From Our Network
- Narendra Modi is a PM, not a ‘shahenshah’: Sonia Gandhi
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Oh No! Katrina Kaif visits hospital late night on Sunday. Here’s why
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Yeh hai Mohabbatein: Raman-Ishita love making photos leaked (view pics