The protestors lit candles in the evening, demanding speedy justice for the rape victim who was cremated in the capital Sunday morning after her body was flown in from Singapore.
“We don't want any New Year's celebration this time as we are determined to protest till the end,” Chesta, 22, a student, told IANS.
Prohibitory orders, restricting gathering of four or more people at a time, were imposed in central Delhi and roads leading to India Gate and Raisina Hill, the centre of power, were barricaded.
Ten Metro stations were shut in the morning for fear of mob violence, but five were reopened in the afternoon.
From Our Network
- New mom Dimpy Ganguly gets trolled over her pregnancy, hubby Rohit Roy hits back at haters
- ‘Just wanted to pass, Papa ne to top hi kara diya’, says arrested Bihar 'topper' Ruby Rai
- With coming of driverless cars, security the biggest concern: MIT Study
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- Tragic! 21-year-old hangs herself after finding her obscene pictures posted on Facebook