In a meticulously mounted operation kept completely under wraps, Kasab was hanged to death at 7.30 a.m. in Pune's Yerawada Jail, about 100 km from India's commercial centre Mumbai where he and nine other Pakistanis sneaked in on the night of Nov 26, 2008, to unleash 60 hours of mayhem. Once it ended, 166 people had been killed and more than 300 injured.
The fresh-faced Kasab -- the only foreigner to be hanged in independent India - was barely 21 when he carried out the brutal attack.
The chilling images of young man's killing spree, a backpack and an AK-47 slung across his shoulder, captured by close-circuit TVs installed at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai were rekindled.
From Our Network
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Epic! Kareena Kapoor cracks ‘high-end’ joke on ex-flame Shahid Kapoor
- Alia Bhatt swims against the tide, defends Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video
- Fresh pair in town: Sunny Leone to romance this ‘Khan’ in ‘Tera Intezaar’
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500 years: IIT, ASI scientists