The quake, which had a magnitude of 6.0 on the Richter scale, hit the region at around 7:51 AM and the epicentre was located 70 km underneath the earth's crust in Myanmar, officials at the Seismological Survey of India said.
The officials said the quake was of “moderate” intensity and all major towns in the region felt the tremor.
Earlier this month, tremor having a magnitude of 5.4 and 5.5 on the Richter Scale hit the region with their epicentres located in Phek and Nagaland region of Nagaland respectively.
Today's tremor was also felt in Itanagar, Guwahati, Agartala besides Kohima and Imphal.
Police said there was no report of any casualty or damage to property in Meghalaya.
From Our Network
- Wahoo! Aamir Khan’s buys new bike containing metal of aircraft 'INS Vikrant'
- Here’s how Mrs. Bipasha Basu Singh Grover is flaunting her marital status
- 5 social evils in India that still prevail
- Bullet train fare 1.5 times higher than AC 1st Class
- Is this the actual reason behind Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s break-up?