The quake, which had a magnitude of 6.0 on the Richter scale, hit the region at around 7:51 AM and the epicentre was located 70 km underneath the earth's crust in Myanmar, officials at the Seismological Survey of India said.
The officials said the quake was of “moderate” intensity and all major towns in the region felt the tremor.
Earlier this month, tremor having a magnitude of 5.4 and 5.5 on the Richter Scale hit the region with their epicentres located in Phek and Nagaland region of Nagaland respectively.
Today's tremor was also felt in Itanagar, Guwahati, Agartala besides Kohima and Imphal.
Police said there was no report of any casualty or damage to property in Meghalaya.
From Our Network
- Isro to launch 22 satellites in one mission next month
- Kanpur shocker: Bankrupt man puts wife at stake in IPL bet, loses her
- To deliver on black money promise, PM Modi may visit Switzerland
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Bihar Board Class 10 results to be declared shortly, check it here