The resignation has been accepted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with “regret”, a PMO statement said here today.
Sandhu, a 1973 batch IPS officer of Bihar cadre, was appointed by the UPA government to the post on December 17,2012 at the age of 61.
Sandhu, who joined as Deputy NSA on March 21 last year, was to have a fixed tenure of three years—till December next year.
“Deputy National Security Advisor and Secretary, National Security Council Secretariat, resigned from his position with effect from July 31, 2014 for personal reasons,” the statement said.
The Prime Minister accepted his resignation with “regret” and expressed appreciation for Sandhu's “outstanding service” to the country in a career spanning over 40 years - as a police officer, Director of Intelligence Bureau and Deputy National Security Advisor.
From Our Network
- Narendra Modi is a PM, not a ‘shahenshah’: Sonia Gandhi
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Oh No! Katrina Kaif visits hospital late night on Sunday. Here’s why
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Yeh hai Mohabbatein: Raman-Ishita love making photos leaked (view pics