The fatwa was issued after a query on November 29 from a Pakistan-based company asking if it could appoint a Muslim woman as a receptionist.
Darul Uloom said, “Muslim women working in offices as receptionist is un-Islamic because Muslim women are not allowed to appear before men without veil.”
Meanwhile, Mufti Zulfikar Ali, Muslim cleric and president of UP Imam organisation, upheld the fatwa and said Muslim women can work in institutions after wearing the veil but the work of a receptionist is to constantly interact with people, which should not be practised.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- 65 samples + 22 fonts 1 golden Sultan: New poster of Salman Khan’s EID release creates curiosity
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Elderly Christian woman stripped naked and paraded through streets by mob
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500 years: IIT, ASI scientists