The fatwa was issued after a query on November 29 from a Pakistan-based company asking if it could appoint a Muslim woman as a receptionist.
Darul Uloom said, “Muslim women working in offices as receptionist is un-Islamic because Muslim women are not allowed to appear before men without veil.”
Meanwhile, Mufti Zulfikar Ali, Muslim cleric and president of UP Imam organisation, upheld the fatwa and said Muslim women can work in institutions after wearing the veil but the work of a receptionist is to constantly interact with people, which should not be practised.
From Our Network
- Former IAF chief S P Tyagi cracks, admits meeting Finnmeccanica officials
- Govinda used Dawood's might to defeat me in 2004 election: UP Governor Ram Naik
- Congress accuses PM Modi of doctoring date of birth, education info
- Delhi 'most polluted city' of the World: WHO
- Actor Sanjay Dutt at BJP event, eyebrows raised in political circles
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM candidate: Prashant Kishor trying to kill two birds with one stone?
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- What is Jacqueline’s relationship status? You might never know
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu