The fatwa was issued after a query on November 29 from a Pakistan-based company asking if it could appoint a Muslim woman as a receptionist.
Darul Uloom said, “Muslim women working in offices as receptionist is un-Islamic because Muslim women are not allowed to appear before men without veil.”
Meanwhile, Mufti Zulfikar Ali, Muslim cleric and president of UP Imam organisation, upheld the fatwa and said Muslim women can work in institutions after wearing the veil but the work of a receptionist is to constantly interact with people, which should not be practised.
From Our Network
- Sun ‘going blank’, Earth heading towards mini ice age
- What? Pulkit Samrat is ‘too busy’ to divorce Salman Khan’s rakhi sister Shweta Rohira?
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet clears 23.5 pc salary hike for central govt employees
- Vin Diesel shares his wonderful moments with Pauline and Deepika
- Shahid at it again: This gesture of him for wife Mira will make other husbands angry