The girl, was admitted to the well-known multi-organ transplant facility Mount Elizabeth Hospital here on Thursday morning in an extremely critical condition, breathed her last at 4:45 AM (2:15 AM India time). She was earlier treated at the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
"We are very sad to report that the patient passed away peacefully at 4.45am on 29 Dec 2012 (Singapore time)," the hospital's Chief Executive Officer Dr Kelvin Loh said in a statement.
"Her family and officials from the High Commission of India were by her side. The Mount Elizabeth Hospital team of doctors, nurses and staff join her family in mourning her loss," the statement said.
The body has been moved to the mortuary in the Singapore General Hospital for completion of some formalities since she is a foreigner, sources said.
The family of the girl wants the body to be taken to India, Indian High Commissioner T C A Raghavan told reporters.
From Our Network
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- ‘I am a UP waala’ and 10 other highlights of PM Modi’s speech
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Arijit Singh speaks up on his tiff with Salman Khan, reveals what exactly happened
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex