Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi were present at the airport at 3.30 a.m. to receive the body of the trainee physiotherapist who was assaulted and gang-raped Dec 16 in a moving bus in the national capital. They consoled the family.
Meanwhile, protests continued for the second consecutive day at Delhi's Jantar Mantar, with protesters giving call for Delhi Bandh on January 3.
From Our Network
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Two-third people happy with Modi government's performance in two years
- Switzerland: Muslim students must shake hands with female teachers or face fine
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Aamir- Kajol’s 'Fanaa' clocks 10 years, director Kunal Kohli gets nostalgic