Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi were present at the airport at 3.30 a.m. to receive the body of the trainee physiotherapist who was assaulted and gang-raped Dec 16 in a moving bus in the national capital. They consoled the family.
Meanwhile, protests continued for the second consecutive day at Delhi's Jantar Mantar, with protesters giving call for Delhi Bandh on January 3.
From Our Network
- Indian banks refusing to recognise full extent of bad loans, says Uday Kotak
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- Congratulations! Tusshar Kapoor becomes a ‘single’ father to an adorable baby boy
- iPhone 7 images leaked, show larger camera design
- Pakistan cannot conquer Kashmir through war, says Hina Rabbani Khar