The girl, was admitted to the well-known multi-organ transplant facility Mount Elizabeth Hospital here on Thursday morning in an extremely critical condition, breathed her last at 4:45 AM (2:15 AM India time). She was earlier treated at the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
"We are very sad to report that the patient passed away peacefully at 4.45am on 29 Dec 2012 (Singapore time)," the hospital's Chief Executive Officer Dr Kelvin Loh said in a statement.
"Her family and officials from the High Commission of India were by her side. The Mount Elizabeth Hospital team of doctors, nurses and staff join her family in mourning her loss," the statement said.
The body has been moved to the mortuary in the Singapore General Hospital for completion of some formalities since she is a foreigner, sources said.
The family of the girl wants the body to be taken to India, Indian High Commissioner T C A Raghavan told reporters.
From Our Network
- Narendra Modi, Ranbir Kapoor, Gandhi family controversy: 10 things Rishi Kapoor said in ‘Aap Ki Adalat’
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- UP: Man gets bobbitised by 17-year-old Dalit girl during rape attempt
- India's NSG entry may take time, but will happen for sure: MEA
- After Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh gives a perfect reply to their ‘rumoured’ break-up