Sayed Maqbool and Imran Khan, both of whom hail from Nanded district in Maharashtra, told police during interrogation after their arrest in October that they both did a recee of Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in the Andhra Pradesh capital on a motorcycle in July 2012.
Maqbool was, in fact, arrested from Hyderabad on October 23 where he was hiding to evade arrest.
He was in close association with other accused arrested as they allegedly planned to launch fidayeen attacks on the Buddhist shrines in Bodh Gaya in Bihar in retaliation to the alleged atrocities being committed upon Muslims in Myanmar, senior officials of Delhi Police's special cell said.
“About a month before Ramzan in 2012, Maqbool helped Imran in doing a recce of Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle. This was done on the instruction of Riyaz Bhatkal,” the officials said.
From Our Network
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Alia Bhatt swims against the tide, defends Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video
- Amitabh Bachchan speaks up on bahu Aishwarya’s ‘purple lips’, says ‘What’s wrong with that’
- Fresh pair in town: Sunny Leone to romance this ‘Khan’ in ‘Tera Intezaar’
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way