Sayed Maqbool and Imran Khan, both of whom hail from Nanded district in Maharashtra, told police during interrogation after their arrest in October that they both did a recee of Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in the Andhra Pradesh capital on a motorcycle in July 2012.
Maqbool was, in fact, arrested from Hyderabad on October 23 where he was hiding to evade arrest.
He was in close association with other accused arrested as they allegedly planned to launch fidayeen attacks on the Buddhist shrines in Bodh Gaya in Bihar in retaliation to the alleged atrocities being committed upon Muslims in Myanmar, senior officials of Delhi Police's special cell said.
“About a month before Ramzan in 2012, Maqbool helped Imran in doing a recce of Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle. This was done on the instruction of Riyaz Bhatkal,” the officials said.
From Our Network
- NIT students demand permanent deployment of CRPF in campus
- Pak JIT shouldn't have been allowed to visit Pathankot IAF base: Parliamentary panel
- Kerala horror: 30-yr-old Dalit woman raped and killed, intestines pulled out
- Scientists discover 3 earth-sized planets which could support life
- Congress accuses PM Modi of doctoring date of birth, education info
- Is Kejriwal a heroine that I would force a hug on him, asks Lalu Yadav
- Wahoo! Aamir Khan’s buys new bike containing metal of aircraft 'INS Vikrant'
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu
- Forget Anushka, Virat spends special moments with 'the most beautiful woman in the world' (see pic)
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars