Sayed Maqbool and Imran Khan, both of whom hail from Nanded district in Maharashtra, told police during interrogation after their arrest in October that they both did a recee of Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in the Andhra Pradesh capital on a motorcycle in July 2012.
Maqbool was, in fact, arrested from Hyderabad on October 23 where he was hiding to evade arrest.
He was in close association with other accused arrested as they allegedly planned to launch fidayeen attacks on the Buddhist shrines in Bodh Gaya in Bihar in retaliation to the alleged atrocities being committed upon Muslims in Myanmar, senior officials of Delhi Police's special cell said.
“About a month before Ramzan in 2012, Maqbool helped Imran in doing a recce of Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle. This was done on the instruction of Riyaz Bhatkal,” the officials said.
From Our Network
- Jasprit Bumrah vaults to career best No 2 spot in ICC T20I rankings
- Black money: Govt unearths Rs 13,000 crore hidden in foreign bank accounts
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- Kareena Kapoor Khan has some serious relationship advice for Alia Bhatt
- India joins MTCR, first entry into any multilateral export control regime