Haseena was cremated early Monday morning at the Chandanwadi bada kabristan in Marine Lines.
Sources revealed that with 3G streaming available, the live video streaming of the last rites of Haseena Parkar was made accessible to the don via Skype at an undisclosed destination in Saudi Arabia.
It is learnt that Haseena's latest pictures after her death have also been sent to Dawood from the hospital.
"Last time when Dawood's associate Chhota Shakeel lost his relative in Mumbai, the company had used the similar streaming facility through 3G network available," added another source from the company.
Dawood's elder sister Haseena Apa died in Nagpada, Mumbai. She was involved in several high-profile extortion rackets and was booked under an extortion case in 2007. She was later granted bail.
Haseena's demise is a personal loss for Dawood as some of his business interests will now be hit. It is believed that Parkar used to take care of his properties in Mumbai and Konkan.
It is also alleged that she had shares in other businesses like land acquisition for SRA project, cable TV, hawala rackets and film distribution.
A huge posse of policemen were deployed in Dongri. Parkar became a name in Mumbai's underworld after her husband Ismail Parkar was shot dead by the Arun Gawli gang in 1991. Dawood took revenge by killing the assailants in the infamous JJ hospital shootout.
From Our Network
- Sunny Mathews, not Ranjit Katyal is 'Airlift's' real hero
- Watch: When Katrina Kaif shut down a rude reporter with her calm reply
- Speed trial of Spanish-built Talgo train begins in Bareilley-Moradabad rail route
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- 10 Highest Fuel Efficient Motorcycles in India