“Surprisingly, US security officers detain Shah Rukh Khan at the airport...frisk him, but he does not lose his cool. He goes there again and again to get humiliated. But he argues with humble security guards at Wankhede, because here he has the protection of the law, and of Congress,” Thackeray said in his editorial in the Sena mouthpiece ‘Saamana'.
“Shah Rukh is a good actor...but his behaviour at parties, public events is controversial. Recently Saif Ali Khan too behaved this way. Perhaps that's why Centre gave him Padmashri. In that case, Shah Rukh deserves a bigger honour. Please do recommend him for President-nominated Member of Parliament,” it said.
If Shah Rukh felt that the security guards misbehaved with him and insulted the kids of ‘a celebrity', he should have complained to the authorities at Wankhede Stadium....The guards would have been punished without any inquiry,” Thackeray said.
The editorial also contrasted Shah Rukh with other members of the film industry. “Amitabh Bachchan and his family members, Aamir Khan, Anil Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan are also celebrities. But one never hears of they getting into brawls under the influence of alcohol.”
It also mentioned recent reports that Bachchan helped some Vidarbha farmers repay their debts.
“How many actors have done this?” it asked.
“We wish Shah Rukh success as an actor. He should stay away from fights, brawls, bad language and Pakistan's advocacy,” Thackeray said.
Sena had targeted Shah Rukh earlier over his remark that he would have liked to have Pakistani players in the IPL.
From Our Network
- Common thread linking terrorism, smuggling and drugs needs to be broken: Pranab Mukherjee
- Anurag Kashyap is all praises for 'Raman Raghav 2.0' actress Sobhita Dhulipala
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- Brexit fallout: Govt may delay implementation of 7th Pay Commission
- Meet retired employee who donates Rs 2,60,000 for Swachh Bharat mission; gets appreciation by PM Modi