Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said, 17 deaths have been reported so far due to heavy rains and flood.
Continuous rains in Bhopal, Hoshangabad, Seoni, Narsinghpur and Jabalpur have led to flood and waterogging.
All schools and colleges have been closed by local administration till further orders.
The swelling Narmada river is threatening its embankments in Hoshangabad, and a high alert has been issue.
Twelve persons died in three different incidents of house collapse in Narsinghpur.
Flood in Narmada river is also threatening Omkareshwar town.
From Our Network
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab US F16 deal
- Two top Hizbul militants killed in J&K encounter
- Kerala Principal furious after students prepare ‘grave’, sprinkle it with flowers as 'retirement gift'
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- 12-year-old Kota boy qualifies for International Biology Olympiad
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Aamir Khan’s young fan suffering from rare genetic disorder passes away at 15
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle
- "Amitabh Bachchan apologised to me on behalf of Jaya Bachchan," says Amar Singh