Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said, 17 deaths have been reported so far due to heavy rains and flood.
Continuous rains in Bhopal, Hoshangabad, Seoni, Narsinghpur and Jabalpur have led to flood and waterogging.
All schools and colleges have been closed by local administration till further orders.
The swelling Narmada river is threatening its embankments in Hoshangabad, and a high alert has been issue.
Twelve persons died in three different incidents of house collapse in Narsinghpur.
Flood in Narmada river is also threatening Omkareshwar town.
From Our Network
- Kareena says 'no' to Hollywood, prefers being “married working woman” and “to start a family”
- Farrah Abraham slammed for posting seven-year-old daughter's bikini images
- Supreme Court dismisses PIL seeking ban on WhatsApp
- Freedom 251: Lucky draw to decide who gets their hands on the ‘world’s cheapest smartphone’
- Sun ‘going blank’, Earth heading towards mini ice age