The Army has given its inputs on the incursion by Chinese troops to the National Security Advisor-headed China Study Group which includes the Secretaries of the Ministries of Defence, Home and External Affairs, government sources said here.
The inputs given by the force are also about various options including using military aggressively in the situation, they said.
All the options suggested to the China Study Group are being looked at carefully and other stakeholders in the situation have also given their inputs, they said. The China Study Group is handling the whole issue in consultation with the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) and the Defence Ministry.
The Army had rushed its troops from the 5 Ladakh Scouts battalion to the DBO area and they are camping there. The force is also considering the option of dispatching additional troops if the need arises.
On April 15, a platoon-strength contingent of China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) had come 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in the DBO sector on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there. In Beijing, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying told a media briefing today that “the Chinese border troops have been acting in strict compliance with the bilateral agreements and conducting normal patrol on the Chinese side of the LAC.
“They have never crossed the line by a step,” she said.
From Our Network
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut