They told IANS that Guru was informed about his hanging late Friday evening after a death warrant was issued by a Delhi court.
"He was told about his hanging yesterday (Friday) by the jailor," a source said.
The source said Guru was hanged about 20 metres from his cell where he spent 12 years in solitary confinement.
"There were eight people, including a doctor, a magistrate and some jail officials, present when he was hanged. He was hanged for eight minutes," the source told IANS.
Guru was buried quietly soon after the hanging.
After he was woken up at 5 a.m., he offered prayers before calmly approaching the noose, officials said. A Muslim cleric was also present during his hanging.
Guru was convicted for his role in plotting the Dec 13, 2001, attack on Parliament House, in which 10 people were killed when five armed terrorists stormed into the complex when 100 MPs, then prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and his cabinet ministers were inside.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special