Sehwag, the captain of Delhi Daredevils, took time off IPL and spent around two hours in the evening in Dakshinpuri Extension, the ward from which his sister Anju Meherwal is fighting the elections.
Criss-crossing the ward in an open jeep, the hard-hitting batsman tried to woo the electorate seeking votes for the 35-year-old candidate, a Hindi teacher.
Anju is married to a property dealer Ravinder Singh and lives in Madangir village.
There was a huge crowd to see Sehwag who was campaigning with his sister.
Dressed in a green T-shirt and sporting a cap, Sehwag went to some bylanes. However, he did not make any speech during his campaigning.
Some film stars, including Mahima Choudhury, have already hit the campaign trail.
From Our Network
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra giving us all reasons to de-dress
- Wondering whether Modi govt deserves 'outstanding' Raghuram Rajan, says P Chidambaram
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao' way towards women empowerment: Big B