He was 81 and is survived by wife, two sons and a daughter.
The legendary singer was bed ridden for about a year due to old age related ailments and had been admitted on to SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack on October 25 where he passed away late last night.
A devotee of Lord Jagannath, Bal was popular for his dedication to Oriya Bhajan which brought him laurels from far and wide.
Recipient of several prestigious awards, the singer had sung hundreds of Bhajans besides presenting his voice as play back singer in a number of Oriya films including Bhakta Salabega, Agni Pariksha, Mathura Vijaya, Abhilasha, Amar Prem, Kie Kahara and Srikrushna Rasa Leela. PTI
From Our Network
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- Juvenile Justice act: No handcuffs, no jail for minors, corporal punishment to be treated as crime
- On PM Modi's two-year anniversary, Facebook reviews govt’s performance on social media