“The Army Chief's office is an exalted office. All of us have an obligation to do nothing that would lower its dignity,” Singh told reporters on the sidelines of a function to give away the Padma Awards at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here.
The Prime Minister was asked about controversies involving the government and the Army chief.
The Army Chief has been in the midst of controversies, first over his age issue on which he took the government to the Supreme Court and later on claims that he was offered a bribe of Rs 14 crore in connection with a defence deal.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Now job reservations in private sector also ?
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special