The Indian Railways will run following new Duronto trains for providing non-stop point to point services between cities offering large volumes of traffic. These are;
1. Yeshwantpur (Bangalore) – Delhi (AC) (Weekly)
2. Mumbai-Secunderabad AC (Bi-weekly)
3. Pune-Howrah AC (Bi-weekly)
4. Mumbai-Ernakulam AC (Bi-weekly)
5. Indore-Mumbai AC (Bi-weekly)
6. Jaipur-Mumbai AC (Bi-weekly)
In addition, following Durontos will run in the day time:
This was announced by Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee in the Lok Sabha while presenting the Railway Budget for the year 2010-11.
During the next financial year, the metropolitan cities of Chennai, Kolkata and Mumbai will get extended suburban services.
In Chennai region, new services will be introduced over Chennai Central – Sullurpeta – Chennai Beach, Chennai Beach – Velachery – Chennai Beach (on the MRTS), Chennai Beach – Tiruttani – Chennai Central, Chennai Central – Arakkonam – Chennai Central. Work on the extension of MRTS Phase II from Velachary to St. Thomas Mount is in progress and targeted from completion by March 2012.
In Kolkata region, new services will be introduced in the sections of Sealdah-Kalyani, Sealdah-Canning, Sealdah-Namkhana, Sealdah-Bangaon, Howrah-Tarakeswar-Bandel-Barddhwan, Sealdah-Ranaghat and Sealdah-Kolkata (via Ballygunge-Majerhat-B.B.D. Bagh). A survey will be conducted linking Howrah and Sealdah. Also a new station building at the Ballygunge junction station will be built and named as Bahadur Shah Zafar Station.
In Mumbai, 101 additional services are proposed to be introduced with 32 services in Thane/Kalyan to Kasara/Karjat/Khopoli, 16 services on the Mainline, 18 services on the Harbour line and 35 services on trans-Harbour line.
During the next financial year the frequency of following trains has been increased:
1. 2245/2246 Howrah-Yesvantpur Duronto Express from weekly to 4 days
2. 3149/3150 Sealdah-Alipurduar Kanchen Kanya Express from 4 days to daily
3. 2377/2378 Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri Padatik Express from 3 days to 6 days
4. 2295/2296 Patna-Bangalore Sanghamitra Express from 6 days to daily
5. 2251/2252 Korba-Yesvantpur Express from weekly to 2 days
6. 6605/6606 Mangalore-Kochuveli Ernad Express from 3 days to daily
7. 2933/2934 Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central Express from 6 days to daily
8. 2215/2216 Bandra Terminus-Delhi Sarai Rohilla from 3 days to 4 days
9. 2807/2808 Visakhapatnam-Nizamuddin Samata Express from 3 days to 5 days
10. 4705/4706 Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Sadulpur Express from 3 days to 6 days
11. 2981/2982 Udaipur City-Delhi Sarai Rohilla Chetak Express from 3 days to 4 days
12. 2447/2448 Manikpur-Hazart Nizammudin Uttar Pradesh Sampark Kranti Express from 3 days to daily.
Similarly, the following trains will have an elongated distance coverage:
1. 7001/7002 Secunderabad-Manmad Express to Shirdi (Bi-weekly)
2. 7205/7206 Kakinada-Manmad Express to Shirdi (Weekly)
3. 1405/1406 Kakinada-Manmad Express to Shirdi (Bi-weekly)
4. 7207/7208 Vijaywada-Manmad Express to Shirdi (Weekly)
5. 6341/6342 Thiruvanthapuram-Ernakulam Express to Guruvayur (Daily)
6. 7639/7640 Kacheguda-Nanded Express to Akola (Daily)
7. 2187/2188 Mumbai CST-Jabalpur Express to Allahabad (Bi-weekly)
8. 2235/2236 New Delhi-Guwahati Rajdhani Express to Dibrugarh
9. 2777/2778 Yesvantpur-Kochuveli Express to Hubli (Weekly)
10. 2831/2832 Bhubaneswer-Hatia Express to Dhanbad (Tri-weekly)
11. 8425/8426 Puri-Raipur Express to Durg
12. 8447/8448 Bhubaneswar-Koraput Express to Jagdalpur
13. 209/210 Puri-Dhenkanal Passenger to Talcher Road (Daily)
14. 1629 Sangali-Miraj to Chhatrapati Sahu Maharaj Terminus (Kolhapur) (Daily)
15. 1610 Miraj-Pune to Chhatrapati Sahu Maharaj Terminus (Kolhapur) (Daily)
16. 1551/1552 Pune-Daund to Baramati (Daily)
17. 531A/532A Parli-Nizamabad Passenger to Pandharpur
18. 623/624 Mangalore-Kannur Passenger to Kozhikode
19. 353/354 Dharwar-Gadag Passenger to Solapur
20. 1704 Chirmiri-Damoh Passenger to Sagour
21. 1703A Damoh-Katni Passenger to SagourMore Railway Budget News Click