Condemning state government's ‘failure' to prevent growing crimes against women, the demonstrators demanded immediate action to ensure safety and security of women.
The slogan shouting demonstrators also demanded exemplary punishment of the culprits to prevent recurrence of such crimes against women.
From Our Network
- 'Airstrikes on Pak': Jammu Kashmir BJP asks centre to call off talks with Pakistan
- Liver transported through green corridor travels 210 km in 3.36 hours, saves life
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- NSG row: Indians are self-centered and low on morals, says Chinese state media
- ‘Just wanted to pass, Papa ne to top hi kara diya’, says arrested Bihar 'topper' Ruby Rai