The blocks E, B and F out of a total of 9 blocks in Shyam Nagar were coming in the way of Aminashah Nallah water flow, and the High Court had declared the construction as illegal.
Explosive experts from Indore were called in, who first cleared off the 100-metre surrounding area, and then proceeded to wire in the explosives.
Said Sharad Sarvate, an explosive expert: "We had to drill 402 holes in the pillars of the first three floors, and wired in electronic detonators. We also dissected three beams."
Jaipur Development Authority is planning to demolish several other buildings coming in the way of the Aminashah Nallah, officials said.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Now job reservations in private sector also ?
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special