The blocks E, B and F out of a total of 9 blocks in Shyam Nagar were coming in the way of Aminashah Nallah water flow, and the High Court had declared the construction as illegal.
Explosive experts from Indore were called in, who first cleared off the 100-metre surrounding area, and then proceeded to wire in the explosives.
Said Sharad Sarvate, an explosive expert: "We had to drill 402 holes in the pillars of the first three floors, and wired in electronic detonators. We also dissected three beams."
Jaipur Development Authority is planning to demolish several other buildings coming in the way of the Aminashah Nallah, officials said.
From Our Network
- Narasimha Rao's 'pro-Hindu mindset' led to Babri demolition: Mani Shankar Aiyar
- Before ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu’, Parineeti Chopra will hit silver screen with this movie
- Priyanka Chopra speaks up on working in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Padmavati’
- Venkaiah Naidu lashes out at Air India after his flight is delayed, AI orders probe
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel