The blocks E, B and F out of a total of 9 blocks in Shyam Nagar were coming in the way of Aminashah Nallah water flow, and the High Court had declared the construction as illegal.
Explosive experts from Indore were called in, who first cleared off the 100-metre surrounding area, and then proceeded to wire in the explosives.
Said Sharad Sarvate, an explosive expert: "We had to drill 402 holes in the pillars of the first three floors, and wired in electronic detonators. We also dissected three beams."
Jaipur Development Authority is planning to demolish several other buildings coming in the way of the Aminashah Nallah, officials said.
From Our Network
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Yeh hai Mohabbatein: Raman-Ishita love making photos leaked (view pics
- When Khans don’t why does Akshay Kumar act in slapstick comedy like ‘Housefull 3’? The Khiladi answers
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji