Observing that most of the rush was being witnessed in New Delhi-Patna and New Delhi-Howrah route, it said six special Rajdhani rakes were also being introduced to cater to the surge in passenger traffic.
Northern Railway said 80 special trains are being run with a total 1762 trips.
It said “special” efforts are being made to ensure that all special trains, along with regular trains, run on time. It said the special trains have been distributed at the 4 major railway terminals in the city to avoid overcrowding at any one particular station.
Besides, to avoid last-minute changes, platforms for all the trains, including specials, are fixed during the entire festival rush period. Change, if required, will be done only with the prior approval of DRM, a Northern Railway statement added.
In order to enhance the capacity of existing sought after trains, 15 of them have been augmented with 177 coaches to clear extra rush.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- 65 samples + 22 fonts 1 golden Sultan: New poster of Salman Khan’s EID release creates curiosity
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Elderly Christian woman stripped naked and paraded through streets by mob
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500 years: IIT, ASI scientists