Observing that most of the rush was being witnessed in New Delhi-Patna and New Delhi-Howrah route, it said six special Rajdhani rakes were also being introduced to cater to the surge in passenger traffic.
Northern Railway said 80 special trains are being run with a total 1762 trips.
It said “special” efforts are being made to ensure that all special trains, along with regular trains, run on time. It said the special trains have been distributed at the 4 major railway terminals in the city to avoid overcrowding at any one particular station.
Besides, to avoid last-minute changes, platforms for all the trains, including specials, are fixed during the entire festival rush period. Change, if required, will be done only with the prior approval of DRM, a Northern Railway statement added.
In order to enhance the capacity of existing sought after trains, 15 of them have been augmented with 177 coaches to clear extra rush.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special