Observing that most of the rush was being witnessed in New Delhi-Patna and New Delhi-Howrah route, it said six special Rajdhani rakes were also being introduced to cater to the surge in passenger traffic.
Northern Railway said 80 special trains are being run with a total 1762 trips.
It said “special” efforts are being made to ensure that all special trains, along with regular trains, run on time. It said the special trains have been distributed at the 4 major railway terminals in the city to avoid overcrowding at any one particular station.
Besides, to avoid last-minute changes, platforms for all the trains, including specials, are fixed during the entire festival rush period. Change, if required, will be done only with the prior approval of DRM, a Northern Railway statement added.
In order to enhance the capacity of existing sought after trains, 15 of them have been augmented with 177 coaches to clear extra rush.
From Our Network
- Not just two, ancient earth had several magnetic poles: Study
- Micromax launches Canvas Unite 4, Unite 4 Pro: Everything you need to know
- World’s ‘highest glass bridge’ gets a hammering in China,
- Hizbul commander killed in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara gunfight
- Here’s the first pic of Tusshar Kapoor’s new born baby