Four patients died Tuesday and another died a day later at the Sushruta Trauma Centre in north Delhi due to disruption of centralised oxygen supply. An inquiry had been ordered into the incident.
Delhi Health Minister A.K. Walia said medical officer (in-charge, repair and maintenance) Anshuman was suspended and services of two junior specialists, Tina Khurana and Richa Gupta, deployed to look after the anaesthesia process were terminated.
Vikas Rampal, the doctor incharge of the hospital, was transferred, Walia said.
Police arrested two people working for a firm managing oxygen supply in the hospital's gas plant. A case of negligence was registered against the firm.
From Our Network
- Post break-up with Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande STUNS everyone with her new avatar
- Second 'ad-wrapped' Metro train ready to hit tracks in Delhi
- Bipasha Basu speaks up on being Karan Singh Grover’s ‘third wife’ and his past
- This is how Akshay Kumar has already defeated Shah Rukh Khan in game of screens
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam