The Indian fishermen were arrested after being warned twice that they had entered into Pakistan's territorial waters and were fishing there illegally, a spokesman for the Pakistan Maritime Security Agency said.
“After the warning these fishermen were arrested and their boats seized. They will be presented before a judicial magistrate tomorrow,” the official said.
Since January this year, there have been frequent arrests made by the Pakistani Maritime security agency with 31 fishermen and 14 boats seized in January and another 24 fishermen and 12 boats seized in February.
The arrests come despite attempts by both countries in recent times to free fishermen lodged in jails in Pakistan and India.
From Our Network
- Kerala horror: 30-yr-old Dalit woman raped and killed, intestines pulled out
- Donald Trump promises to release jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Talaq delivered through Skype, WhatsApp and others means valid: AIMPLB
- NIT students demand permanent deployment of CRPF in campus
- Watch Video: Lalu Yadav’s son Tej Pratap tries hands in acting, becomes CM
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics
- Delhi 'most polluted city' of the World: WHO
- True Gentleman: Hrithik comes to Kangana’s rescue after Twitteratti labelled her ‘characterless’
- Scientists discover 3 earth-sized planets which could support life