Expressing shock over the attack on Russian metro that claimed 11 lives besides injuring 45 people, President Pranab Mukherjee today said that he was saddened by the news.
The President, in a tweet, offered his condolences to the bereaved families and the Russian government.
“Shocked & saddened by news of terror blast in St Petersburg; my deepest condolences to bereaved families, people & Government of Russia,” President Pranab Mukherjee tweeted.
Shocked & saddened by news of terror blast in St Petersburg ; my deepest condolences to bereaved families, people & Government of Russia— President Mukherjee (@POI13) April 4, 2017
Meanwhile, the man behind the Russia metro train blast that killed 11 people and injured around 45 persons is believed to be in his early 20s and from Central Asia.
The blast took place between two underground stations of St Petersburg on Monday afternoon.
Another device was defused at a nearby station.
The Interfax and Tass news agencies said the suspect had been identified, but there were conflicting reports as to whether he was a suicide bomber.
Russian investigators have described it as a suspected “act of terror” but they have given few details. No group has said it was responsible.