PM Narendra Modi along with his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe today signed 15 bilateral agreements during the 12th India Japan Annual Summit.
In a joint press statement, PM Modi said that the bilateral partnership between India and Japan will strengthen the relationship between the two countries. “Be it Make in India, or Skill India, India is transforming in every aspect,” PM Modi said, adding that this (partnership) is a big opportunity for Japan. “I am happy that Japan’s many industries are connected with India,” he added.
Earlier in the day, Modi and Abe participated in the ground-breaking ceremony for the Ahmedabad-Mumbai high speed rail project in Ahmedabad.
Here's the list of agreements signed between the two leaders:
1. MOC between the Ministry of Home Affairs, of the Government of the Republic of India and the Cabinet Office of the Government of Japan
2. MoC in the field of Japanese Language Education in India between MEA and MOFA, Japan
3. India Japan Act East Forum
4. Arrangement between India Post and Japan Post on Administrative Instruction for the Implementation of Cool EMS service
5. India-Japan Investment Promotion Road map between DIPP and METI
6. MOC between METI and the State of Gujarat on ‘Japan-India special programme for Make In India’ in Mandal Bechraj-Khoraj in Gujarat
7. Exchange of RoD on Civil Aviation Cooperation (Open Sky)
8. Agreement for International joint exchange programme between interdisciplinary theoretical and mathematical sciences programme (iTHEMS), RIKEN and National Centres for Biological Sciences (Simons-NCBS)
9. Joint Research Contract between National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science & Technology (AIST), Japan and Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
10. MOU between DBT and National Institute of Advanced Science & Technology (AIST)
11. MoU on International Academic and Sports Exchange between Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE) and Nippon Sports Science University, Japan (NSSU)
12. MoU on International Academic and Sports Exchange between Sports Authority of India and Nippon Sports Science University, Japan (NSSU)
13. Letter of Intent between Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE) and University of Tsukuba, Japan
14. Letter of Intent between Sports Authority of India and University of Tsukuba, Japan