Beirut, Mar 11: At least 62 persons, mostly soldiers and rebels, were killed in violence across Syria on Saturday , the first of a two-day visit by international peace envoy Kofi Annan, a monitor said.
Among them, 21 army deserters, 19 soldiers and 15 civilians died in fighting in the northwestern province of Idlib, whose capital city was stormed by ground troops this evening, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
From Our Network
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex
- Why Saharanpur? There is more to PM Modi’s choice of venue than meets the eye
- After leaving White House, Barack Obama to lease 9-bedroom mansion in US
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- Juvenile Justice act: No handcuffs, no jail for minors, corporal punishment to be treated as crime