Mr. Zuma will tie the knot at his family homestead in Nkandla in KwaZulu-Natal province, said presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj.
“I can confirm that President Zuma will formalise his relationship with his fiancée, Ms. Bongi Ngema, in a private traditional ceremony at Nkandla this weekend,” Mr. Maharaj told AFP.
Mr. Zuma, a known polygamist, will be married the sixth time. He divorced Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, South Africa's candidate for the African Union top post, in 1998.
Another wife, Kate, committed suicide in 2000.
“The president currently has three wives. This will be his fourth wife,” said Mr. Maharaj.
The President, who turned 70 last Thursday, is believed to have fathered around 20 children.
From Our Network
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof
- In India, alcohol kills a person every 96 minutes
- Salman’s ‘Sultan’ on same lines as SRK’s Chak De! India’. Here’s the proof!
- Second 'ad-wrapped' Metro train ready to hit tracks in Delhi
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query