Mr. Zuma will tie the knot at his family homestead in Nkandla in KwaZulu-Natal province, said presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj.
“I can confirm that President Zuma will formalise his relationship with his fiancée, Ms. Bongi Ngema, in a private traditional ceremony at Nkandla this weekend,” Mr. Maharaj told AFP.
Mr. Zuma, a known polygamist, will be married the sixth time. He divorced Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, South Africa's candidate for the African Union top post, in 1998.
Another wife, Kate, committed suicide in 2000.
“The president currently has three wives. This will be his fourth wife,” said Mr. Maharaj.
The President, who turned 70 last Thursday, is believed to have fathered around 20 children.
From Our Network
- 24-yr-old woman Infosys employee allegedly hacked to death at Chennai railway station
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Censor board clears Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ without any cuts
- A path forward for India to become NSG member by year end: US
- ‘Being Funny’ Salman Khan mocks Deepika, Priyanka for their Hollywood projects