Mr. Zuma will tie the knot at his family homestead in Nkandla in KwaZulu-Natal province, said presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj.
“I can confirm that President Zuma will formalise his relationship with his fiancée, Ms. Bongi Ngema, in a private traditional ceremony at Nkandla this weekend,” Mr. Maharaj told AFP.
Mr. Zuma, a known polygamist, will be married the sixth time. He divorced Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, South Africa's candidate for the African Union top post, in 1998.
Another wife, Kate, committed suicide in 2000.
“The president currently has three wives. This will be his fourth wife,” said Mr. Maharaj.
The President, who turned 70 last Thursday, is believed to have fathered around 20 children.
From Our Network
- Modi to address rally in Saharanpur, BJP plans mega celebrations
- Not Anushka Sharma but this Bollywood actress was Virat Kohli’s first love interest!
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Aishwarya has something to say about her and Salman’s romantic film ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof