“We are very pleased that Prime Minister Singh and President Zardari had a chance to meet in New Delhi yesterday and that Prime Minister Singh has accepted President Zardari's invitation to visit Pakistan in the near future,” State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
“As we have said for a long time, we believe that expanded and improved engagement between these neighbors are not only going to help the neighbors, they're going to help the entire region and provide opportunities for millions of citizens in the neighborhood to live in a more secure and stable region,” she said.
“So we applaud, we trend, we hope that India and Pakistan continue to build on this progress, and we look forward to more such meetings,” Nuland said in response to a question.
President Zardari visited India yesterday on a day-long private tour during which he met Singh in New Delhi and then went to Ajmer to offer prayers at the shrine of Sufi Saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti.
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Akshay Kumar talks on why Hollywood is difficult for actors than it is for actresses
- Rishi Kapoor gives epic reply to Congress supporters who named a Sulabh toilet after him
- Comedy Nights Bachao: Racist jokes on Lisa Haydon make Akshay Kumar angry
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt are shedding tears over the death of this popular character