He says it's the most crucial issue facing the world today.
Ban told reporters Tuesday in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta, that there is “no time to waste, no time to lose. Just one minute, one hour delay will mean more and more people dead.”
The United Nations says well over 8,000 people have died as a result of Syria's bloody crackdown on protesters.
There were signs this week that the country's outgunned opposition was increasingly turning to insurgent tactics, with rebels battling the regime with machine guns and automatic rifles in the streets of the capital.
From Our Network
- Revealed: This woman is the reason behind Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt’s cold war
- Down a ‘Patiala Peg’, Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle, and Mandeep Singh show how Bhangra is done
- Arijit Singh speaks up on his tiff with Salman Khan, reveals what exactly happened
- TMC chief Mamata Banerjee to be sworn in as West Bengal CM today
- US asks Pakistan to cooperate with India on 26/11 probe