Kabul, jan 12: The Taliban says its political wing is ready to enter peace talks to end the war in Afghanistan, all the while continuing to fight a government which it says is illegitimate.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid in an emailed statement Thursday said the group had increased its efforts to engage with the international community to bring peace to Afghanistan.
The statement however also reiterates the movement's rejection of the current Afghan constitution, and describes Afghan President Hamid Karzai 's government as the ``stooge Kabul administration.''
Both sides appear to be preparing to enter negotiations.
On Wednesday, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton appeared to acknowledge U.S. efforts to jump-start peace talks with the Taliban after 10 years of inconclusive fighting.
From Our Network
- Check out hot pics of Pooja Bedi's daughter Aalia Ebrahim!
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to discuss black money with swiss
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi